Now that you’ve officially signed up for Empire State Ride Long Island, you may be wondering how to reach your $200 fundraising minimum.
Facebook is one of the easiest and most effective ways to reach people, share your story and ask for donations. Through the platform, you can choose to do an integrated or organic fundraiser. If you don’t know the difference, check out Facebook Fundraising 101.
Regardless of the fundraiser you choose, here are six tips to make your efforts on Facebook even more impactful.
- Personalize it. Be sure to include your story when you share your fundraising link with your followers. Tell your followers your reason for doing ESR Long Island and your reason for wanting to end cancer. Write from your heart — people respond to authenticity.
- Get creative. Pay attention to the overall look and feel of your post. You can get creative (and boost engagement) by adding pictures, using emojis or including memes.
- Ask friends to share your fundraiser. Identify trusted friends or family members and ask them to share your fundraiser on their Facebook pages or other social media platforms. This increases your audience and may land you donations you wouldn’t have gotten otherwise.
- Go live. Livestreaming is one of the fast-growing ways to communicate online, and you can do it right on your Facebook platform. Start a Facebook Live session to talk about why you’re riding in ESR Long Island and engage directly with your followers.
- Consider using an incentive. People are motivated by incentives. Consider incentivizing donations by offering to do something entertaining when you hit a certain fundraising goal. For example, try doing 20 pushups for every $20 you raise and then livestream your pushup session!
- Show gratitude. One of the most important things you can do when someone donates to your fundraiser is to thank them. Make sure you send a digital thank you card or drop a friendly note in Messenger. If someone posts on your fundraiser, respond. Sharing gratitude shows people you appreciate their support.
That’s it! Follow these easy tips, and your Facebook fundraiser is sure to be a success. For more fundraising tips, check out Seven Creative Ways to Fundraise.