Fundraising is a challenge, but when armed with the right tools and attitude, it’s easier than you think. One of the best tools to help with your fundraising is integrating your online fundraising dashboard with your personal Facebook page. This utilization allows you to easily spread the word about your fundraiser and track your progress right on Facebook.
You can also quickly send updates on your progress, making it that much easier to reach your goal. Additionally, your friends and family can donate when scrolling through their newsfeeds. The best part? Your progress will be reflected in your fundraising thermometer, both on Facebook and on your Empire State Ride Long Island fundraising page.
HERE'S HOW TO CONNECT YOUR FUNDRAISER TO FACEBOOK
1. Log in to your fundraising dashboard
Access your dashboard through the Empire State Ride website, by clicking “log in” in the top right corner. Open Facebook in a separate tab and log in.
2. Scroll down and click “Edit Fundraiser Content”
Locate the blue box in your dashboard that says, “Raise Money Directly on Facebook.” In that box, click, “Edit Fundraiser Content.”
- If mobile doesn’t work for you, try connecting on a desktop and make sure that pop-ups are not blocked in your browser.
- Edit your Facebook content, including your title and story, before connecting to Facebook.
- When you’re ready, click “Save and Connect Fundraiser to Facebook.”
4. After being redirected to Facebook, follow the prompts.
- If you’ve used Facebook fundraising for the Empire State Ride Long Island before, you will not receive any pop-ups. Instead, you’ll receive a notification on Facebook saying your fundraiser is live. On your fundraising dashboard, the blue box button will change to say, “Go to Facebook Fundraiser.”
6. Promote your Facebook Fundraiser by sharing or inviting people to your fundraiser to start getting donations!
This tool will allow you to spread the word about your fundraiser, engage directly with donors and reach more people than you ever thought possible.